So, being the brilliant Mom that I am, I totally spaced our ward Christmas Party. Completely guilt-ridden I was determined to find one somewhere so that my little darlings could feed their newly developing infatuation with Mr. Claus. After several phone calls I found out about one across town. We all loaded up and headed out. When we arrived we were approached by about five different people within the first ten minutes with welcomes such as, "Are you new here?" or "I don't think we've met." ...it is the beautiful LDS way. We contemplated whether we should make up some story of how we were lost sheep looking for the true fold, but ended up not being creative at all, just told them all we were party crashers. So just as dinner is starting I'm talking with the Bishop's wife and I ask if "you know who" will be showing up. She says, "No, we're not really Santa Claus people."
WHAT?!!!
Seriously. What? It's not like we're party hopping for the free meal. So we got a free meal anyway, that was good. Later that evening the Bishop's wife comes over to our table again and says, "You know, I'm performing tomorrow night for another ward's Christmas party. I can make some calls and see if he's going to be there."
A glimmer of hope!
We exchange numbers and she calls me the next day to confirm that yes, in fact, Jolly St. Nick will be checking in on the little boys and girls at this party. YEA! So the next night we do it all again. Man, was it worth it. That party was OFF THE HOOK! So there we were enjoying a delicious, catered not pot luck, mind you, Christmas dinner...
No comments:
Post a Comment