Saturday, September 12, 2009

Family Reunion at Heber Springs Camp

We had a BLAST at this year's Bean Family Reunion. Yes, I am descended from a Bean tree and proud of it!! My mother's parents have over 200 descendants in just three generations, I don't really have anything to compare that too but it sounds HUGE so I think it's amazing.


We spent a morning on the CHALLENGE COURSES! Avery was so brave on this ginormous swing. We were proud of her.


Avery's in the zone...


...and release!


Danny's turn.


He was like a little giggling kid. It made me laugh.


"I'll fly away, oh glory, I'll fly away..." Quite the rush.


Here we had to save all of our family from our sinking cruise liner, don't let them fall into the shark infested waters!






On this one Danny was reliving his scouting days. He had to retrieve "the antidote" without falling into the lava and bring it back to safety. Way to go hero!!


Stet was having some trouble following the promptings of the "still small voice". But he looked cute... (not tied into the principle there :o)


Rockin' the boat!! These canoes were so fun.




Our little sailor.



A little movie for your entertainment. This was our cabin.



We left the reunion the day before Gage's birthday so before we headed out I made everyone sing "Happy Birthday" to him at lunch time. He was all smiles and even clapped at the end. What a crowd pleaser.






All in all we had a FANTASTIC time with our crazy fun family. A perfect way to bid farewell to summer. Oh wait, we're still in the hundreds here. I'll let you know when summer's over... probably sometime in November.

No comments: