Saturday, September 12, 2009

Camping in Zion

On our most recent trip to Utah, at the end of August, we stopped for one night in Zion National Park. It was so beautiful. It was our first time to see it and I can't believe I've been so close to it all these years and have never gone. It's worthy of an annual family campout if not more frequent.




We took a novice hike to Weeping Rock. It was really cool. It's this overhanging rock that is constantly dripping water, enough to feel like a light rain. And there's vines growing out of the rock like perfect little hanging gardens.
Avery said, "Are those rain droppings?"


We enjoyed a light snack while sitting in the shade of the overhang.




Danny had a good hiking buddy.


Stet was WIPED OUT.

1 comment:

Cassondra said...

These pictures are beautiful! We have never been to Zion but these make me want to go asap. Your hike looks like it was Amazing!!

I am so inspired by your determination to run a 1/2 marathon. Thank you for being driven and showing me what's possible when you set your mind to it. I can't wait to one day love to run :)! You're incredible!

And I can not believe that Gage is already 13 months. Where did the time go?!? I remember driving down the street and seeing you sitting on the little wall holding him when he was just days old. I was so sad to have been out of town when he was born. He's such a sweet boy and I am happy to have him as a future son-in-law for Annelise...:p

Your In n Out pictures are hilarious! I love having a friend whose not ashamed to be silly!!! Love you!